$73.21 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega legal team secured a $73.21 million verdict on behalf of a baby who was catastrophically injured due to the negligence of their doctor and medical team.
Record-Setting $72 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega team obtained a $72 Million verdict in a birth injury case when an OB/ GYN failed to properly monitor the mom during pregnancy.
$16 Million Truck Accident
Buckingham & Vega obtained a $16 million settlement in a truck accident case. The truck driver was speeding and inattentive (texting) and crashed into the rear of a pickup truck stopped at a stoplight.
$14 Million Dram Shop Liability
Our team obtained a $14 million dram shop verdict on behalf of a client who was injured due to negligence.
13 Million Work Injury
Buckingham & Vega represented an oilfield worker who was killed when their company failed to properly train its employees on how to safely move waste bins. Our client was killed when he became trapped between two bins.
13 Million Truck Accident
Our team secured a 13 million settlement in a truck accident case. An eighteen-wheeler made an unsafe turn in front of a car driven by a grandmother and her family. The grandmother was killed and the family suffered severe injuries.
Why Would Someone File a Premises Liability Claim?
Premises liability claims are for when people are injured on another’s property. While you may be familiar with the phrase “slip and fall,” premises liability extends beyond this. When these accidents occur, they can take only a few moments, but the injuries can be quite serious. The following situations could be potential reasons to contact a Harlingen, TX premises liability lawyer.
- Slip and Fall. These are likely the most commonly known types of property accidents. Spills or other liquids make the floor slippery and someone visiting slips and falls. There can also be trips and falls, which can be caused by debris blocking walkways, old carpets, and cables or wires in pathways.
- Elevator and Escalator Accidents. When elevators and escalators have issues and malfunction, people can get hurt.
- Attractive Nuisance. Pools and trampolines are examples of an attractive nuisance. They need to be closed off to public access so children don’t use them and injure themselves. In most cases, fences and gates with locks prevent access. If these aren’t set up or are broken, then anyone could have access to them.
- Dog Bite. Pet owners who don’t take measures to secure their dog could cause someone to get hurt. If a dog was off leash and bit someone, or escaped the property and caused someone to fall, they could have grounds to file for legal action.
- Negligent Security. Properties should have security measures like a guard, surveillance, or lighting. If someone is attacked due to lack of security, they may be able to file a claim.
This area of the law is wide—there are many situations where a negligent owner’s actions could have caused an accident and injuries. Our premises liability lawyers will sit down with you and go over the incident. We can determine if you have grounds for a case.
What Injuries Can Occur in a Premises Liability Accident?
Your injuries may have resulted in a hospital stay, needing medication, and you could be facing a long road to recovery. The shock of the accident can sometimes mask symptoms or you may have felt like you wanted to brush off the accident as quickly as possible if it happened in public, but these injuries may be more severe than you realize. Injures can include:
- Broken Bones
- Sprains and Strains
- Bite Injuries
- Assault Injuries
If you’ve sustained serious injuries, you’re likely unable to work for the time being and you could already be looking at the medical bills. These situations can be stressful, but you can depend on a Harlingen, TX premises liability lawyer to calculate your financial losses and to seek full and fair compensation so you’re able to work on your recovery.
We’ll also analyze the time you’ll have to live with your injuries to calculate pain and suffering damages, as well as loss of enjoyment of life and mental anguish from the distress of the accident. You’ve already sustained injuries from the negligent person’s actions, you shouldn’t have to minimize your losses from the accident. Our attorneys will fight for your financial future every step of the way.