$73.21 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega legal team secured a $73.21 million verdict on behalf of a baby who was catastrophically injured due to the negligence of their doctor and medical team.
Record-Setting $72 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega team obtained a $72 Million verdict in a birth injury case when an OB/ GYN failed to properly monitor the mom during pregnancy.
$16 Million Truck Accident
Buckingham & Vega obtained a $16 million settlement in a truck accident case. The truck driver was speeding and inattentive (texting) and crashed into the rear of a pickup truck stopped at a stoplight.
$14 Million Dram Shop Liability
Our team obtained a $14 million dram shop verdict on behalf of a client who was injured due to negligence.
13 Million Work Injury
Buckingham & Vega represented an oilfield worker who was killed when their company failed to properly train its employees on how to safely move waste bins. Our client was killed when he became trapped between two bins.
13 Million Truck Accident
Our team secured a 13 million settlement in a truck accident case. An eighteen-wheeler made an unsafe turn in front of a car driven by a grandmother and her family. The grandmother was killed and the family suffered severe injuries.
Our Lawyers Have Experience With Premises Liability Cases
Many hazardous conditions can exist on a property. The owner should take measures to keep the area safe, find possible hazards and fix them, or to block off the dangers from others. When they don’t do this, others on the property can get hurt. A San Antonio, TX premises liability lawyer can hold them accountable and help you get justice.
We’re familiar with the many ways that you may sustain injuries when there are hazards on a property. We’ll investigate the area where your accident occurred to find out what hurt you. The danger that harmed you may be one of the common causes of premises liability accidents:
- Slip and Fall Hazards. When spills are left on the ground or carpets aren’t anchored properly, people can slip and fall.
- Faulty Wiring. If a building has faulty or exposed wiring, someone can be hurt if they come into contact with it.
- Elevator/Escalator Accidents. While these devices make movement through a building a faster process, they need consistent maintenance. If they’re unsafe or don’t have signs or ways of blocking them from use so people don’t get hurt, then accidents can occur.
- Unstable Staircases/Railings. Old staircases and railings may not be safe to use. If this is the case, those on the property should have adequate warning about them.
- Poor Lighting. When there’s inadequate lighting and people cannot see where they’re heading, they could walk into a hazard.
- Swimming Pool Accidents. If a swimming pool isn’t fenced off, it could be a drowning hazard.
- Negligent Security. A premises that lacks security may be held responsible if someone is attacked on the property.
- Dog Bites. Owners are responsible for staying in control of their dog. If they aren’t careful and the dog gets loose and hurts someone, they could be liable for someone’s injuries.
If the instances above don’t sound familiar, don’t worry. It’s still possible for you to have grounds for a claim in Texas. Our premises liability attorneys will review what happened and find out who is responsible for your injuries.
Hazards on Properties Can Cause Serious Injuries
Premises liability accidents may result in debilitating injuries. These will likely require medical care and time to recover. If the injuries are severe, they may have lasting consequences that will affect how you live your life. If you’ve suffered any of the following injuries, a San Antonio, TX premises liability lawyer can help determine the costs and fight for you to recover compensation:
- Brain Injuries. Falls and swimming accidents can cause brain trauma. When the brain suffers an impact or doesn’t get enough oxygen, it can affect function in the future.
- Broken Bones. If you’re recovering from broken bones, you may completely heal, but you may be inhibited in what you can do during that time. This can keep you away from work for weeks or months.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. A fall or other traumatic injury can also harm the spinal column, which could cause loss of function and feeling below the injury site.
- Sprain/Strain Injuries. A soft tissue injury could occur in a premises liability accident. You may not realize you have these injuries until symptoms show hours or days later.
- Burns/Electrocution Injuries. If faulty wiring or another electrical hazard is on the property, they could cause fires or electrocution accidents. Someone could sustain severe burn injuries.
- Assault. In the case of negligent security, injuries from an assault could happen. These could be potentially fatal.
When these injuries happen, you may not know what to do next. You deserve to have peace of mind when you’re physically healing from injuries that weren’t your fault. The attorneys at our law firm will do everything we can to provide you with that peace.