$73.21 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega legal team secured a $73.21 million verdict on behalf of a baby who was catastrophically injured due to the negligence of their doctor and medical team.
Record-Setting $72 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega team obtained a $72 Million verdict in a birth injury case when an OB/ GYN failed to properly monitor the mom during pregnancy.
$16 Million Truck Accident
Buckingham & Vega obtained a $16 million settlement in a truck accident case. The truck driver was speeding and inattentive (texting) and crashed into the rear of a pickup truck stopped at a stoplight.
$14 Million Dram Shop Liability
Our team obtained a $14 million dram shop verdict on behalf of a client who was injured due to negligence.
13 Million Work Injury
Buckingham & Vega represented an oilfield worker who was killed when their company failed to properly train its employees on how to safely move waste bins. Our client was killed when he became trapped between two bins.
13 Million Truck Accident
Our team secured a 13 million settlement in a truck accident case. An eighteen-wheeler made an unsafe turn in front of a car driven by a grandmother and her family. The grandmother was killed and the family suffered severe injuries.
Identifying the Cause of Your Auto Accident in Texas
Many people depend on their vehicles to get to work, run errands, and get to any desired destination. This is no different in Harlingen. While many drivers obey the traffic laws, there are others who don’t. Whenever someone drives recklessly, they could cause an accident that leaves others with life-changing injuries to the brain, spine, internal organs, or limbs. Even injuries that will heal can take weeks or months.
While you’re recovering from your injuries, your car accident lawyers will be hard at work fighting for you. One of the first parts of handling your claim will be getting all the information about the car accident. Obtaining the crash report of your accident can provide some crucial facts.
Texas law list several parties who can provide a written request for a crash report. Those involved and their legal representatives are both included in that list. Your attorney can use the information from the copy to fight for you. The observations from the report may point to the cause of the auto wreck. Common causes of car crashes in Harlingen include:
- Speeding. Going above the speed limit reduces the driver’s control of the vehicle. If they take a turn too quickly they could flip the car or if they need to stop, they will need more time to do so.
- Distracted Driving. Phones, food, reaching into a bag—there are many forms of distracted driving. These prevent the driver from having their full attention on the road and staying in control of the car. Their reduced awareness and focus can easily cause a crash.
- Drunk Driving. When an inebriated person is behind the wheel, they aren’t in a state where they can drive safely. They’re likely to make a mistake and harm others in an accident.
- Failure to Signal. When a driver is turning or changing lanes, drivers around them need to be aware that they’re going to move. If a driver forgets to signal their car and moves, others on the road may not be prepared and they could crash.
When your Harlingen, TX car accident lawyer finds out how your accident happened, we can examine how the driver acted negligently. Once we have the facts of the crash, we can gather the information and start building your case.
Using Evidence to Fight for Your Rights
As we look at evidence and how you were injured, your car accident lawyers will look to prove the following happened in your case:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely and to follow the law.
- The driver failed to provide you with this duty of care when they made a negligent decision, whether it was texting and driving, following too closely, or another reckless driving behavior.
- Their actions caused an accident.
- You suffered injuries and losses in that accident.
Combining evidence gathered from the scene, the police report, your statement, and your injuries, your car accident lawyer will show that your injuries happened because the other driver made a dangerous decision. From there, your representation will investigate the consequences of the car crash.