13 Million Work Injury
Buckingham & Vega represented an oilfield worker who was killed when their company failed to properly train its employees on how to safely move waste bins. Our client was killed when he became trapped between two bins.
$5 Million Catastrophic Amputation
We represented a worker who was injured due to the negligence of his company. A forklift operator failed to keep a proper lookout as the company failed to properly train the operator in how to safely operate the forklift.
$3.25 Million Construction Accident
We obtained a $3.25 million result on behalf of an individual who was injured after a construction site scaffold failure.
$3 Million+ Construction Accident
Our team obtained a $3 million+ construction accident settlement on behalf of a client who was injured at work.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents in Farmington, NM
The construction industry is notorious for its high accident rates, largely due to the inherently hazardous nature of the work involved. Several common causes contribute to the prevalence of accidents on construction sites.
Our Farmington construction accident lawyers can help you understand your legal options if you suffered any job-related injury, including those caused by:
- Falls. In construction sites, falls due to lack of proper safety measures, unsafe working surfaces, or improper or incomplete scaffolding are unfortunately a common occurrence. Falls from scaffolding, roofs, ladders, or through unprotected floor openings can cause serious injuries ranging from fractures and broken bones to traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries.
- Electrocutions. Construction sites often have exposed electrical wiring or power lines. Accidental contact with these can lead to severe burns, nerve damage, and in worst-case scenarios, fatalities.
- Struck-by-object incidents. These incidents occur when a worker is hit by equipment or some other material. This could involve falling tools or equipment, vehicles in motion on site, or materials being moved around the site.
- Caught-in or caught-between accidents. Workers can get caught in or between equipment and structures, leading to serious injuries. This can happen if machinery is not safeguarded properly or if trenches or walls collapse.
- Explosions. Construction sites often house potentially explosive materials such as gases and chemicals. Improper storage or mishandling of these materials can lead to catastrophic explosions, causing severe injuries, burns, and even loss of life.
- Toxic exposure. Construction workers frequently come into contact with a range of potentially toxic materials as part of their daily job duties. This can include exposure to asbestos, lead, silica, and various chemical solvents used in paints, adhesives, and other construction materials. Prolonged exposure to these hazardous materials can lead to serious health issues, including respiratory disorders, neurological damage, and cancer.
- Poor training. Inadequate training of workers can lead to accidents. Workers should be properly trained on how to use machinery, recognize hazards, and follow safety procedures.
- Inadequate or defective equipment. The use of inadequate or defective equipment, including safety gear, can lead to severe accidents on construction sites. This could involve machinery malfunctioning, safety harnesses failing, or personal protective equipment not providing the necessary level of protection. Such failures can result in a wide range of injuries, from cuts and abrasions to more severe outcomes such as crushed limbs, burns, or even fatalities. The causes behind equipment or safety gear failure can vary from manufacturing defects to improper maintenance.
Common Construction Accident Injuries in Farmington, NM
Many injuries resulting from construction accidents are life-altering and may impact a victim’s ability to work. Regardless of whether your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation to cover medical care and some of your lost income, which is why you should get in touch with our Farmington construction accident lawyers as quickly as possible.
Construction accidents can cause many types of serious injuries, including: