$73.21 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega legal team secured a $73.21 million verdict on behalf of a baby who was catastrophically injured due to the negligence of their doctor and medical team.
Record-Setting $72 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega team obtained a $72 Million verdict in a birth injury case when an OB/ GYN failed to properly monitor the mom during pregnancy.
$16 Million Truck Accident
Buckingham & Vega obtained a $16 million settlement in a truck accident case. The truck driver was speeding and inattentive (texting) and crashed into the rear of a pickup truck stopped at a stoplight.
$14 Million Dram Shop Liability
Our team obtained a $14 million dram shop verdict on behalf of a client who was injured due to negligence.
13 Million Work Injury
Buckingham & Vega represented an oilfield worker who was killed when their company failed to properly train its employees on how to safely move waste bins. Our client was killed when he became trapped between two bins.
13 Million Truck Accident
Our team secured a 13 million settlement in a truck accident case. An eighteen-wheeler made an unsafe turn in front of a car driven by a grandmother and her family. The grandmother was killed and the family suffered severe injuries.
How Can a Brownsville Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Help?
A large number of families in Brownsville entrust the services of nursing homes in our surrounding area. Facilities like Brownsville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Spanish Meadows, Ebony Lake Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Alta Vista Rehabilitation and Healthcare collectively provide care to thousands of older adults in our community.
The services nursing homes offer are indispensable to the wellbeing of our senior populations. Long-term care facilities have the resources to give the medical care and round-the-clock support that most family and care providers are unable to accommodate at home.
The importance of nursing homes to our city’s health makes it even more critical that we hold these institutions to the highest standards of care.
Texas law bans nursing home abuse and neglect and gives victims and their families the means to seek justice and prevent future harm. A personal injury lawyer specializing in nursing home abuse cases can help you and your loved one work toward:
- Health. Personal injury claims help victims recover damages that make quality, long-term physical and psychological health care affordable.
- Safety. Legal action can give your loved one the financial means to change nursing homes or find a safer solution for their ongoing care and residency.
- Quality of Life. Nursing home residents should not be forced to make sacrifices because they were emotionally, physically, or financially devastated by abuse. Nursing home abuse attorneys help victims achieve the means to enjoy their remaining years in peace and comfort.
- Protecting Others. A successful case can block an abuser from access to potential future victims and force facility administration to reexamine negligence in staff hiring and monitoring. If you don’t take action on behalf of your loved one, the chances that another resident will be victimized are high.
- Systemic Improvement. Change is made when large-scale issues in nursing homes are addressed and penalized, setting an example for other nursing homes. Our attorneys use the law to make sure facilities are held accountable for negligence like understaffing, overworking, inadequate staff-to-resident ratios, poor staff communication, insufficient protocols for abuse and neglect, and unsafe premises.
The Brownsville nursing home abuse lawyers from Buckingham & Vega Law Firm use every case as an opportunity to better the future of your loved one and our elder communities in Texas. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.
What Constitutes Nursing Home Abuse?
How Do I Know if a Brownsville Nursing Home Is Safe for Residents?
There are thousands of nursing homes in Texas. Choosing the right nursing home can be an overwhelming task.
The threat of nursing home abuse or neglect is not the only concern. You also need to find a community that feels like a second home to your loved one. A nursing home should offer not just the basic necessities but a caring environment that fosters a sense of belonging and acceptance in residents.
When visiting long-term care facilities, try to look for ones where you can see:
- Plenty of activities and social events
- Engaged, present, and qualified staff
- Comfortable, clean, well-lit facilities
- Adequate security measures
- Happy and active residents
- A wide variety in meals and foods offered