$73.21 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega legal team secured a $73.21 million verdict on behalf of a baby who was catastrophically injured due to the negligence of their doctor and medical team.
Record-Setting $72 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega team obtained a $72 Million verdict in a birth injury case when an OB/ GYN failed to properly monitor the mom during pregnancy.
$16 Million Truck Accident
Buckingham & Vega obtained a $16 million settlement in a truck accident case. The truck driver was speeding and inattentive (texting) and crashed into the rear of a pickup truck stopped at a stoplight.
$14 Million Dram Shop Liability
Our team obtained a $14 million dram shop verdict on behalf of a client who was injured due to negligence.
13 Million Work Injury
Buckingham & Vega represented an oilfield worker who was killed when their company failed to properly train its employees on how to safely move waste bins. Our client was killed when he became trapped between two bins.
13 Million Truck Accident
Our team secured a 13 million settlement in a truck accident case. An eighteen-wheeler made an unsafe turn in front of a car driven by a grandmother and her family. The grandmother was killed and the family suffered severe injuries.
Common Premises Liability Accidents in Amarillo
When you’ve been injured from a property owner’s negligence, you deserve to recover what you suffered in damages from the party at fault. It can be difficult to take that step into taking legal action if you’re not sure what types of accidents are included in premises liability. That’s where our experience can come in to help you.
At Buckingham & Vega, we’ve handled cases of all different kinds of accidents that were the fault of a property owner or another negligent party. Here are some of the different premises liability accidents that we can help with:
- Slip and Fall. Loose carpeting, poorly maintained flooring, and dilapidated stairs are all causes of slip and fall accidents. Any other kind of obstruction of a walkway could also lead to a fall that causes mild to severe injuries.
- Poor Lighting. One of the other causes of a slip and fall can be poor lighting. When a space isn’t well lit, it can also cause patrons to run into objects, hit their heads, and possibly get pierced by sharp objects that they can’t see clearly.
- Snow or Ice. Property owners are responsible for clearing walkways of snow and ice. If they fail to do that, visitors can fall and get seriously hurt.
- Elevators and Escalators. Equipment like elevators and escalators require regular inspections and maintenance. When they aren’t serviced properly, they can lead to serious accidents.
- Fires. If a fire starts on the premises and burns you or your property, then you might have a premises liability claim on your hands.
- Electrocutions. If there are exposed wires, they could electrocute visitors on the property.
- Swimming Pools. Although these can be fun in warm weather, they can also be incredibly dangerous when property owners don’t properly maintain their pools or ensure their visitors are safe in and around the pool.
- Negligent Security. Business and property owners are responsible for their guests, especially when preventing crimes from happening. If a business or area doesn’t have security or monitoring systems even though they’re susceptible to crime, then the owners could be responsible for any crimes against their patrons.
- Dog Bites. Dog owners are responsible for their pets. If they knock over, scratch, or bite someone, the owner could be liable for their actions.
Any of these scenarios could happen to you if a property owner isn’t vigilant and keeps their property safe. Most of the time, when you’re on the premises legally, you deserve to be safe and free of hazards. Our Amarillo, TX premises liability attorney is here to help you recover financially for what you’ve endured from someone else’s negligence.