$73.21 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega legal team secured a $73.21 million verdict on behalf of a baby who was catastrophically injured due to the negligence of their doctor and medical team.
Record-Setting $72 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega team obtained a $72 Million verdict in a birth injury case when an OB/ GYN failed to properly monitor the mom during pregnancy.
$16 Million Truck Accident
Buckingham & Vega obtained a $16 million settlement in a truck accident case. The truck driver was speeding and inattentive (texting) and crashed into the rear of a pickup truck stopped at a stoplight.
$14 Million Dram Shop Liability
Our team obtained a $14 million dram shop verdict on behalf of a client who was injured due to negligence.
13 Million Truck Accident
Our team secured a 13 million settlement in a truck accident case. An eighteen-wheeler made an unsafe turn in front of a car driven by a grandmother and her family. The grandmother was killed and the family suffered severe injuries.
13 Million Work Injury
Buckingham & Vega represented an oilfield worker who was killed when their company failed to properly train its employees on how to safely move waste bins. Our client was killed when he became trapped between two bins.
How Dangerous Are Premises Liability Accident Injuries?
After an accident happens on someone else’s property, there are some common injuries that can occur. These injuries include:
- Brain Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Sprains and Strains
When these injuries occur, you may not think you need care or that you can get back to your feet and continue your day. However, it’s possible for the shock of the accident to cover up symptoms of injuries—meaning you could have injuries and not know it. That’s why it’s important to report any accident as soon as they occur and then seek medical attention. These two steps can help your Scottsdale, AZ premises liability lawyer fight for you.
How Does Negligence Cause Accidents on a Premises in Arizona?
As your lawyer is building your case, we’ll need to know what caused your injuries. Negligent property owners can own restaurants, grocery stores, and shopping malls—and these buildings and surrounding property require care and attentiveness when something goes wrong. When the owner doesn’t take the time to do this, the following issues could cause premises liability accidents:
- Fire Hazards. Old or poor electrical work can cause fires and electrocution.
- Sidewalk Lips. These can lead to trips and falls.
- Spills. A spill could result in a slip and fall accident.
- Debris. When debris is blocking walkways or parking lots, it can cause falling accidents.
- Broken Elevator/Escalators. If these aren’t marked, someone could try and use them and sustain injuries.
- Attractive Nuisances. Items like pools that aren’t secured by a locked fence can attract those who shouldn’t be on the property and potentially result in an accident.
- Lack of Surveillance. Sometimes, the incident in question can be an attack or assault. If there was poor lighting, lack of cameras, or another form of inadequate security, and this could have helped prevent the incident, then you may have grounds to file this type of personal injury claim.
- Inattentive Dog Owners. When dog owners aren’t keeping an eye on their pet, using a leash, and making sure it’s secure in the backyard, then the dog can harm someone through a bite or by knocking them over.
When negligence causes an accident, sometimes the injured party may think they were just being clumsy, or otherwise rationalize how they were injured. However, when a property has dangers on it that they didn’t know about, then they may not be the ones at fault for the accident.
Our lawyers will hold the negligent property owner accountable for their actions. They shouldn’t have left an unattended hazard or failed to fix a hazard at the risk of putting others in danger. We’ll make sure that your voice is heard. We’ll assess what happened, what injuries you incurred, and will fight for a full and fair recovery.
What Do You Need to Know About Premises Liability Claims?
The legal process can be intimidating to many. When you add the stress of the seriousness of your injuries because you’re wondering how long will it take for you to recover and when you can return to work, you may want to settle the matter as quickly as possible. With a Scottsdale, AZ premises liability lawyer at your side, you can take a breath because you’ll have an expert on your side looking out for your best interests.
We won’t accept a settlement that’s less than you deserve, and that’s often what the first settlement offer will be. This may not cover the medical expenses or the days of lost wages from the accident. You can trust that your attorney will carefully calculate your losses so you’re able to seek compensation that will help you move forward.
When you’ve been injured, it’s important to act quickly because you have a limited amount of time to file a claim. In Arizona, the statute of limitations says you have two years to come forward with a premises liability claim. The sooner you have a premises liability lawyer on your side, the sooner we can start fighting for you.