$73.21 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega legal team secured a $73.21 million verdict on behalf of a baby who was catastrophically injured due to the negligence of their doctor and medical team.
Record-Setting $72 Million Verdict Birth Injury
The Buckingham & Vega team obtained a $72 Million verdict in a birth injury case when an OB/ GYN failed to properly monitor the mom during pregnancy.
$16 Million Truck Accident
Buckingham & Vega obtained a $16 million settlement in a truck accident case. The truck driver was speeding and inattentive (texting) and crashed into the rear of a pickup truck stopped at a stoplight.
$14 Million Dram Shop Liability
Our team obtained a $14 million dram shop verdict on behalf of a client who was injured due to negligence.
13 Million Truck Accident
Our team secured a 13 million settlement in a truck accident case. An eighteen-wheeler made an unsafe turn in front of a car driven by a grandmother and her family. The grandmother was killed and the family suffered severe injuries.
13 Million Work Injury
Buckingham & Vega represented an oilfield worker who was killed when their company failed to properly train its employees on how to safely move waste bins. Our client was killed when he became trapped between two bins.
Different Types of Med Mal in Corpus Christi
When you’ve been harmed by your doctor, you might be wondering if it counts as medical malpractice. If negligence was involved that led to you incurring more damages than you should have, then it’s likely you were a victim of med mal. Here are some of the situations that can lead to medical malpractice that you can consult to determine whether or not you have a med mal claim:
- Misdiagnosis. When a doctor or another medical professional makes a clear mistake and misdiagnoses you even though your symptoms point clearly to one diagnosis, then you could end up suffering more. Your real illness could progress to a dangerous point, or you could go through treatment for the wrong disease which causes more damage to your body than before.
- Missed Diagnosis. When you’re having clear symptoms and the doctor completely misses what is wrong, this could be a missed diagnosis. This can be deadly for a patient. For example, if a patient is exhibiting clear signs of a stroke, and the doctor sends them home from the hospital, they could have life-altering effects from not being treated.
- Medication Errors. There are many different errors that can happen with medications, unfortunately. The prescribing, dosing, and administration of a drug must be done carefully and with full consideration of the patient. Additionally, if the patient has an allergy but is prescribed a drug they’re allergic to, their reaction could be deadly. If medications are prescribed that have bad reactions with each other, then the patient could also suffer injuries or death.
- Surgical Errors. Surgeons and their assistants need to be as careful as possible when performing a surgery. When there’s a mistake, it can have serious consequences for their patient. Operating on the wrong site, nicking body parts that shouldn’t be cut, and causing serious infections from breaking the sanitary field. Another way surgeons can make mistakes is by leaving their tools in the patient’s body. This can lead to the patient needing another surgery, or deadly infections and sepsis.
- Birth Injuries. While birth is a beautiful process, there are plenty of parts that can go wrong and lead to injuries for mother or baby. There are different tools and techniques used that can physically damage a baby on its way into the world. Mothers can also incur birth injuries if delivery and C-sections are not performed correctly.
- Infections. Hospitals and other medical buildings might seem like the cleanest places to be, but they are actually a breeding ground for bacteria and infections. Nurses and other medical professionals can easily transfer infections from one patient to another if they’re not careful while making their rounds. Also, if cleaning staff is not diligent, they could miss cleaning an area that needs to be sterilized or disinfected.
If one of the above situations is what caused your injury, then you could have a medical malpractice claim to file. If what happened to you isn’t listed above, then don’t worry. You still might have a claim against your practitioner. A Corpus Christi, TX medical malpractice attorney from our firm can answer your questions and help you determine whether or not you have a case.